Monday, 16 January 2012

Nightmares, odd points, and corrected sentences

1. A nightmare,
from an old prechristian idea: The night mare caused nightmares , riding YOU while you slept.!






cf
the song "ghost riders in the sky" 
A modern, diabolically attractive update of an old and fearful idea.A trap of the devil for moderns.




  The song is about a cowboy who has a vision of red-eyed, fire-breathing cattle thundering across the sky, being chased by the ghosts of damned cowboys. One warns him that if he does not change his ways he will be doomed to join them, forever "trying to catch the Devil's herd across the endless skies." More than fifty different artists have recorded versions of this classic. Charting versions were recorded by Vaughn Monroe, Bing Crosby, and by Burl Ives. Other versions were recorded by ROY ROGERS, FRANKIE LAINE, MARTY ROBBINS, JOHNNY CASH, DUANE EDDY, PEGGY LEE, AND MANY OTHERS!
 An old cowboy went riding out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw
A-plowing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the Riders coming hard and he heard their mournful cry:

Yippie yi Ohhhhh
Yippie yi yaaaaay
Ghost Riders in the sky

Their faces gaunt, their eyes were blurred, their shirts all soaked with sweat
He's riding hard to catch that herd, but he ain't(=hasn't) caught them yet
'Cause they've got to ride forever on that range up in the sky
On horses snorting fire
As they ride on, hear their cry:


Yippee etc 

As the riders loped on by him ,he heard one call his name
"If you want to save your soul from Hell a-riding on our range
Then cowboy, change your ways today, or with us you will ride
Trying to catch the Devil's herd, across these endless skies"

Yippie yi Ohhhhh
Yippie yi Yaaaaay

Ghost Riders in the sky
Ghost Riders in the sky
Ghost Riders in the sky
Legend:
An impressionable 12 year-old boy rode to the top of an Arizona hill one afternoon with an old cowboy friend to check a windmill. A big storm was building and they needed to lock the blades down before the wind hit. When finished, they paused to watch the clouds darken and spread across the sky. As lightning flashed, the old cowboy told the boy to watch closely and he would see the devil's herd. Their eyes red and hooves flashing, would stampede ahead of phantom horsemen. The old cowboy warned the youth that if he didn't watch himself, he would someday be up there with them, chasing steers for all eternity. The terrified boy jumped on his horse and took off for the the safety of home. Years later, he recalled that scary, dark afternoon. On his 34th birthday, 1948, Stan Jones sat outside his Death Valley home and wrote "Ghost Riders In The Sky."







2. under construction : it takes/I take huge fall over off etc


CORRECTED FEB EXAMS : MORE
 ANTI-sick medicine.










We were swimMing.all day
Althought happened this anecdote HAPPENED this party was good.
Last somer was perfec. My offert is you can spend your hollydays  LAST SUMMER WAS PERFECT???? MY OFFER IS  FOR YOU  TO staying in my house. WITH ME ALL YOU HOLIDAYS

I prefer TO go to THE beach,. IT/THIS  is the best think G that you can do at somer.IN SUMMER

I advise you, will not to sleep a lot! I WARN YOU YOU WILL NOT SLEEP A LOT/MUCH

If you have some dude, you can ask to me any think.YOU CAN ASK ME ABOUT ANYTHING IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS.

Well, I don't say to you any place more,you have at the moment a lot of information to choose! wWELL, I WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT ANY MORE PLACES, YOU NOW HAVE PLENTY OF INFORMATION ABOUT WHERE TO CHOOSE.  

Goodbye, we'll see this summer, I'll hope.  WE'LL SEE EACH OTHER THIS SUMMER, I HOPE.



You must SHOULD wear fresh COOLclothes for TO going to the beach.





The church was closed, we needED to wait FOR them.
I like a lot sport   A LOT but now I don't make  DO too  VERY much.
I had to stop and got  GET over THE PROBLEM to could  sBE ABLE TO start again.
When I was fifteenth I could see free the football.FREE
I have been a long time withOUT making DOING it.(SPORT) : HORIBLE: BETTER: I HAVEN'T DONE IT FOR A LONG TIME

I'm glad from  TO HEAR  hearing FROMyou.I'm sured we'll spend HAVE a great time together.

At barbecues we eat fatted FAT/FATTYfood and talk about us.OURSELVES
We do s  HAVE some family dinners and spend HAVE a fantastic time.
..../...swimming pool.We can play football, we can play with water.(Waterpolo, I think)
WE CAN PLAY WATERPOLO?

click for link to final installment of CORRECTED  FEB EXAM MISTAKES 




No comments:

Post a Comment