Monday, 27 February 2012


Revision : infinitive of HUMAN purpose:
I went  to the beach to have a good time
 NOT I went to the beach for the had a good time , or other incorrect variations : Do NOT translate from the Spanish “para infinitive”
(From a USA priest-blogger Fr Longenecker.
Excerpt:
I don't go to church to meet my friends.
I don't go to church to sing the songs I like
I don't go to church to increase my self -esteem
I don't go to church to learn more about the Bible
I don't go to church to drink coffee and eat donuts
I don't go to church to have an emotional experience
I don't go to church to plan how to change the world
I don't go to church to "have fellowship"


I don't go to church to be a good example to my children
I don't go to church to please my mother
I don't go to church to avoid hell
I don't go to church to cheer on my team
I don't go to church to feel spiritual
I don't go to church to be better than everyone else
I don't go to church to boost morale
I don't go to church to launch an agenda



How many of these can you adapt for schools? Think of five or ten positive and negative
Examples
Students  go to school to learn.   Students don’t go to school to  feel spiritual
You continue Students  ............


suggestion: go to 

http://www.michellehenry.fr/purpose.htm











THE LAST INSTALLMENT OF CORRECTED FEB EXAM MISTAKES 


..../...swimming pool.We can play football, we can play with water.(Waterpolo, I think)

I don't like very good my family VERY MUCH
We are not going to have an argue/HAVE AN ARGUMENT
See WATCH a football match just for  TO  enjoy it
is, too, important the autodiscipline, SELF DISCIPLINE IS IMPORTANT, TOO.
Apart of FROMthis I haven't ANY problem /HAVE NO PROBLEM
My aunts and their wifes......HUSBANDS/MY UNCLES AND THEIR WIVES, MYAUNTS (???)
my grandfather which it'sWHO IS  still alive, it's IS  very old.


the students doing the stupid...PLAYING THE FOOL/ HORSING AROUND/INDULGING IN HORSEPLAY/PLAYING ABOUT/ETC


In my family THERE are four people. we always see EACH OTHER at meals.
It's more easy EASIER for my mother
Children don't must take uniform  sHOULDN'T WEAR UNIFORM/ OR/ DON'T HAVE TO WEAR UNIFORM ?????????
I don't like feel in the  air ( Airsickness) I DON'T FEEL WELL       ALOFT/ IN A PLANE/AIRBORNE 
I DON'T LIKE THE FEELING OF BEING AIRBORNE.......
He said me the other pizza I mustn't pay (it was on the house) HE TOLD ME I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE OTHER PIZZA
It's a more quickly  QUICKER service
I take breakfast a coffee-milk and some toasts
i HAVE? HAD? WHITE COFFEE AND TOAST FOR BREAKFAST 
Eat healthy and good for spend a good morning  TO HAVE A GOOD MORNING, EAT WELL AND HEALTHILY. inelegant : BETTER: TO HAVE A GOOD MORNING, HAVE A GOOD HEALTHY BREAKFAST
The diet to less weight. A DIET TO LOSE WEGHT ON/ A DIET FOR LOSING WEIGHT(??) NB 
TO DIET = TO GO ON A DIET TO LOSE WEIGHT
I enjoy too much watch TV,  WATCHING TV TOO MUCH OR VERY MUCH, TOO MUCH= DEMASIADO)
Player football you can win too many money iF YOU ARE A FOOTBALL PLAYER YOU CAN EARN A LOT OF MONEY(TOO MUCH = DEMASIADO)
If I were a rich man I was a car(?)= I WOULD HAVE A GOOD CAR????
The actuality Chineses's food  PRESENT-DAY CHINESE FOOD?
You can broke the leg BREAK A/YOUR LEG
The children don't know who is better for they WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM ??
I haven't time for jocking (probably daily exercise?) TO JOG ? (= daily exercise?) TO JOKE ???(= HACER CHISTES, GASTAR BROMAS)nb:   JOCK, TABU,


No comments:

Post a Comment