NB the usual meaning of SWOT/swat is "empollon", to swat/swot up a subject, =empollarla.
In this film trailer it is translated as "pringao" because of other students' envy.
The school shown is a Catholic state school.(With a uniform)
Remember
play-ground (USA schoolyard)
A head= a headteacher, = a headmaster= a principal
training can = teaching Voational Training = formacion profesional
single-sex, mixed-, mixed-sex, mixed-gender-
a grant-aided school
competitive civil-service examinations tenure
freedom environment
What to wear at school? - complete freedom to wear whatever you want?OR
Public School Boys -in uniform
- compulsory uniform ? (*Most British schools have uniforms - this includes state schools)
OR maybe a dress code ? do you remember this worksheet?
a negative dress code:
what you are NOT allowed to wear.
Dress codes are typical in the USA
a subject does NOT = a signature
a pupil = a student = a schoolchild(schoolboy/girl/child)
a desk nota table
false friends : remember: Educated NOT=brought-up NB = a) UK a public schoolis not state education
"nota " = note We say : mark, marks to mark, or (USA) grade, grades, to grade Full/top marks pass/passing mark/marks fail, a fail, to fail, to flunk
state scools UK = Public schools USA
A public school UK is a centuries-old independant school- and you pay FEES
a tracksuit
A boarding school: what does that mean? To board A boarder Cf: "full board " in a hotel.
Do you remember all the rules, the obligations and prohibitions and freedoms you had at school,? Did you like them/agree with them or not? (Why?)
How can you talk about them:
You use:
We had to ... we didn't have to ... we could .. we were allowed to... we weren't allowed to ...... Xing was/wasn't allowed (eg Fighting wasn't allowed)
Do you want the same rules for your child, or something
different? (Perhaps you are traditional perhaps trendy , perhaps innovative......)What do you think should/shouldn't be allowed?
Some mistake answers ^Part one
We got on well with each other.in London
....the best thing could be for you to rent a car for to move about/ around in Cartagena....
.......a greit great hotel where you could stay because it is cheaper than......di que/BECAUSE IT IS CHEAP
.....when you will come to Cartagena you spend it well/. you pass the time good YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD/GREAT/MARVELLOUS ETC/ TIME here
....please give me information that ABOUT when you are coming..... Say TELL me the problem...
.....althought....
..you can do wathersportS or goes to the beachEs....
..stay n/oni/at/ my house HOME nearerto "LA Manga" 's beach, IT'S in A big block has WITH A swimming pool...
.....the wheAther is fantastic, because of hot. IT'S WARM/BECAUSE OF THE WARMTH
......it was impossible that I arrived... FOR ME TO ARRIVE
The worse WORST journey FOR ME was when I was WENT to Barcelona because IT was for A job././.I arrived aT IN time to sing SIGN my job contraCt.
I left home with plenty OF time to arrives AT THE airport........
I was late so I callED to a taxi.
I'm happy that you come./ ARE COMING. I'm happy for ABOUT this./I'm happy ABOUT/THAT/BECAUSE/...... If you want it , IF YOU WANT TO/IF YOU WANT you can come.
(Imperative) : you don't come, you don't worry, you don't forget etc
(plans)............What do you think about THIS IDEA/THAT/THIS/ETC?
Cartagenena is the hoter HOTTEST city of IN Spain. It do IS hot in summer./ Make the hoter here all time i'S HOT HERE ALL THE TIME IN summer.Etc.
I take HAVE A shower after THEN/BEFORE/LATERI go to bed.
Cartagena has his sightS LIKE as the romana's teatro ROMAN THEATRE and the consistorial's monument OLD TOWN HALL We can move by a car for the city, AROUND THE CITY BY CAR , IT'S EASY TO PARK is easy the parkment
I was offendED by/ABOUT this .I am very exiting EXCITED that you comed. ARE COMING
.
A waitress WAITER with his..he...him..your a WAITRESS WITH...SHE HER HERS ETC click for link tO agent er
(Past) .... so I promiseD myself I WOULD never do that again
We arrived to AT/IN Madrid and after THEN/NEXT/ we travelLED to New York
.They discovered a man whit WITH a bomb.was on boardat ON the same flight
You are wrong! it should be a confusion !IT MUST BE A MISTAKE!
.
.. a lot of museums relationated with TO the army and the arqueologicsY
....the faster FASTEST way to arrivedto AT/INCartagena is by theplein....PLANE
.......my mum is waiting FOR me because of we ARE GOING TO have to dinner.
The wheather here is greater due to BETTER(THAN WHERE??) BECAUSE we are situateD nexT to the meditteraneo'sEAN sea and make a especially wheather.THE WEATHER IS SPECIAL
I have to say you Bye. SAY GOODBYE TO YOU
On carnival's day he were WAS a clow CLOWN, he wears WORE the A red nose and the face painted, MAKE-UP and all wear the clow clothes, EVERYBODY/EVERYONE WAS IN CLOWN FANCY-DRESS/ DRESSEDUP AS CLOWNS, they was WERE celebrating.
Here do IT IS hot so you don't forget TO carry short clothes and fresh clothes. BRING COOL , SHORT CLOTHES
I would like TO help you in ON/WITH your visit,I hope I CAN help you with SOME advices TIPS/ADVICE(UNCOUNTABLE)
You'll have to travel to here for HERE TO see a cloth CLOTHING/CLOTHES shop.Is the Alicante's Airport IS well HANDY /CONVENIENT for Cartagena.
Three flights in a THE same day!
You hadn't DIDN'T HAVE a nightmare's journey. althoughtIT Was stressed STRESSFUL/STRESSING for you , finally you came at home.
You can do TAKE several fotos PHOTOS and there are many think THINGS that you can see and do it because the TIME WEATHER in Cartagena is very sunny on IN summer
You could to rent a car
Yesterday this funny guy came in the restaurant where was we WERE and we keep to eat.EATING(= continued?) All which is similiar with acuatic sport I love it. I LOVE EVERYTHING LIKE WATERSPORTS Sinced so many years I plaid football all the partners in the football team I can be with on play matchs at university. WHAT?
It was amazing: I had say "yes" I had forget my team. IF I SAID YES I WOULD FORGET MY TEAM???
Now with AT 25 years I AM studiing STUDYING a signature of History AS A SUBJECT at University
No comments:
Post a Comment